Page banner image

Re: mysterious water pipe

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on February 14, 2024 at 06:25:58

In Reply to: Re: mysterious water pipe posted by LeviLovR on February 13, 2024 at 10:33:06:

There wasn't any kind of threading on the pipe to indicate it would hold a cap, so it didn't seem like a hydrant. I expect in wildland firefighting, the helicopter would just dip its bucket directly into the canal. Then again both Scottsdale Airport and Deer Valley Airport are within a few miles of the recreation area, so if the place caught fire, they'd probably send the slurry bombers.

We don't have any really big game for coyotes at Reach 11, like deer or even javalena, and I think if the coyotes caught a rabbit, they probably wouldn't want to share so small a meal with another pack. Someone posted a comment on a Youtube video that February is coyote mating season in central Arizona, so maybe it was the sound of love I was hearing.

The golf tournament in Scottsdale actually references Phoenix. It goes by the rather unappetizing name the Waste Management Phoenix Open. It's in northern Scottsdale which is about 1000 feet higher than central Phoenix and away from the urban heat island effect, so I expect frost is a lot more common there than it is at my residence. It's been getting warmer. Today the temperature range in Phoenix was 45°F to 71°F. No more storms are expected from California for a while, so we're expecting boring tourist weather for the rest of the week. I expect there will be some remnant mud for me to enjoy this weekend.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]