Page banner image

Deck repair muddin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by FunMudder on July 15, 2023 at 18:02:19

My buddy and I were doing some repairs to his large deck and had to go under it to resecure the steps and and some railings. The deck was generally in good shape. We started last weekend and fixed a few cosmetic issues on top before putting on jeans (pretty well faded Levi’s) and long sleeve t-shirts to go under it. We grabbed a couple of tools, removed some side panels to the deck, and started to crawl under. We know it was going to be dirty but didn’t think it would be muddy. It had rained a couple of days before and didn’t dry much. Neither of us are afraid to get dirty and said we are going to get muddy so we just went ahead. My buddy is one of the first to want to play mud football anyway. We crawled under towards the steps. We had to dig a little to get a small jack under the steps to level them. He slid into a rally wet hole so he could could reach where he wanted to. I knew he was going to getting pretty muddy because he had to keep changing positions. I’m smaller than he is so I ended up doing a belly crawl so I could reach the other side. Digging in close quarters under the deck is a challenge. It took us about 15 minutes to get it dug out so we could level the steps. We then noticed that we were going to have to do more work to level them. I crawled back out to get some blocks to temporarily level them until we could make some more changes to the steps which we will do tomorrow. We crawled out getting even muddier. When we got out and stood up we looked pretty dirty. My jeans were really muddy but he was even wetter and muddier. Both of our shirts were really dirty on both shoulders and backs. We were putting the tools back in the shed and I really wanted to tackle him in a muddier area near the shed but we rarely wrestle and he is a lot bigger than I am. We are both pretty athletic, but he can toss me around pretty good even with me studying jiu jitsu so I didn’t—this time. Tomorrow we are going back under to finish up because he wants it fixed before a party next weekend. It should be really muddy or even sloppy tomorrow because we are supposed to have heavy thunder storms over night.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]